I’m passionate about helping entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed.
I certainly don’t know all the answers but I’ve had a great deal of experience working in my own businesses and working closely with thousands of other businesses. My hope is to share some of my learnings and help you step your business up to the next level.
So here are some details about me…
- I’m a director at Power Diary – online practice management software for allied health businesses. This venture started when Damien Adler (a psychologist and my brother-in-law) realised he needed better software to operate his practice and teamed up with Paul Adler (my husband). Power Diary is used and loved by over 27,000 practitioners across Australia, New Zealand, the UK, USA, Canada, South Africa and other places and our vision is to make running a health practice easier, simpler and more rewarding.
- I’m also a director and founding partner at HR Partner – an online HR and recruiting system for small and medium businesses. This HRIS platform helps companies with employee records management, leave requests and approvals, onboarding, document management, eSignatures, timesheets and integrates with several payroll systems. HR Partner has thousands of companies all around the world.
- Before this, I started a new productivity tool called Actioned. The idea was to help both individuals and teams get more of the important things done. Disappointingly, this venture ultimately failed – but I’m including it here for full transparency 🙂
- My previous venture was WOMO – Word Of Mouth Online. Along with my business partner, we grew this to become the number 1 business reviews site in the country. We amassed over 400,000 reviews from the community and helped thousands of businesses promote themselves with word-of-mouth. (One of the things I’m most proud of is the feedback we received from business owners telling us how we’d helped turn their business around or accelerate its growth.) In February 2015, WOMO was acquired by Oneflare and continues to grow.
- Prior to this, I played a key role in building Invizage Technology – an IT firm for small-medium businesses. Over 10 years, my husband, business partner and I, built this to have offices in every state and over 100 staff. We were well known for building a strong company culture with a very young team and making technology accessible and easy for people with little IT knowledge. Invizage was acquired by Telstra (Sensis) in 2005 and was later absorbed into Telstra’s internal departments.
- I also worked as a Strategy Consultant for Accenture – advising many of Australia’s largest businesses on business strategy, marketing, customer experience and conducting financial analysis. I loved this experience but ultimately left as I wanted to take a more hands-on approach to business.
- I have an MBA from Melbourne Business School and a degree in Business (Marketing) from RMIT. As part of my MBA, I entered the Melbourne Universities Entrepreneurship Challenge (MUEC) and won 3 out of 4 categories.
- In 2005, I also became the 3rd Australian woman to summit Mount Everest (after a decent mountaineering history prior to that). In fact, there are some lessons learned from my mountaineering that I also intend to share. (You can see the blogs where we documented our climbs here.)
- I’m also the mum of two wonderful children and the wife of Paul Adler – who also runs a couple of businesses.
- We’re all from Melbourne, Australia but in 2015 we moved to France to embark on a new experience and life challenge.
- Recently, I can also add cancer survivor to my list of credentials having found both breast cancer and thyroid cancer in 2016. (I’m through all of the treatments and feeling well!)
I don’t claim to be a guru on anything (far from it!) but I have seen a lot and tried many different things in my businesses. My hope is to cut through the fluff and provide some practical information that you, the entrepreneur / business owner can use in your business today.
Join My Newsletter List
Are you interested in receiving a handful of the most actionable ideas for your business each week? Sign up now to get next week’s ideas…
And let me know if you have any feedback 🙂